Friday, August 27, 2010

What I'm Loving for Fall

Hermes Blanket


The Hermes Blanket (sigh) is one of my all time favorite classics. They cost a small fortune but are (I'm sure) so worth it. A luxury worth it's weight in wool and cashmere. Can't wait to splurge on one for myself someday. Until then, I'll just wrap myself in my boring, non-designer blankets.
{Design Studio}

Eclectic-ness (is that a word?)


I think that Eclectic-ness is always in style. In the fall, though, it's so fun to play with the rich colors, fabrics and textures that the season brings. In this Miles Redd room, I love how he uses the high gloss, bold indigo blue with the camel upholstery. Such a lovely combination. The antique chairs beside the modern art is just so classically eclectic. He does an amazing job with the bookcases, too.

Menswear Inspired Fabrics



On the runway and now, on your chair! I love that this rather serious Ralph Lauren-esque fabric is juxtaposed with the fire engine red. Makes it fun.
{Artichoke Designs}


Deep Purple



Let me go on record as saying that I usually loathe purple. Hate it. I have to say, though, lately, in small doses, it has been growing on me. Like in this lovely dining room, it is very rich. It's not going to be showing up in my house anytime soon, but never say never.
{Decorpad}


Sumptous Fabrics



Velvet can, at times, come off a little, shall we say...Elvis-y? But when you use it as an accent, especially with an on-trend color like this rich turquoise, it adds amazing texture.
{Country Living}

No comments:

Post a Comment